Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Boulevard lakefront tour and fall approaching.

This past Sunday I rode farther than I ever had in one day and now I think I'm hooked on distance riding.

I met my friend Anne at 5:30 to ride down to Hyde park. We me a couple of her friends along the way and made it down just in time to pick up their packets and start the 62 mile course. We split up pretty early into the ride and I kept pace with one of Anne's friends who is a really good rider. At the first reststop I ran into Ellen, whom I had met on some previous rides and we rode at a comfortable pace for the rest of the course.

The course really felt like it went all over the city. We saw castles and mansions in Beverly and lots of waving people in other parts of the city. We even rode right by the jail and courthouse.

Later in the course we met up again with Anne and Rachel and finished the ride and got lunch. Food felt so good. I'm definitely going to bring more food next time. The rest stops were a little sparse on sustance towards the end of the ride.

I took the following day off of riding but now I'm itching for another long ride!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: