Friday, January 23, 2009

Fw: To the dentist

This morning I rode back out to the Oral Surgeon that I saw last week to get my wisdom teeth out. The last time I had ridden out there was in August and it was a lot easier. This morning there were lots and lots of potholes to dodge and wind everywhere. One thing that I’ve read on Icebike.com is that the cold temperatures make the air denser and thus it requires more energy to push through it. I really hope this is the case. Feeling like a wimp is not fun

It's about a 10 mile ride from Oak Park to where my office is, and I wanted to take as little sick time as possible, so I went ahead and rode the train in. It wasn’t 9 am yet, so I waited about 15 minutes and talked to the station attendant. It turns out that she knows my band director, Ross (who is also a CTA Station Attendant). Since I had my balloons I made her a balloon angel. By the time I finished the balloon, I could take my bike on the train.

 

Taking the train shaved about 30 minutes off of my commute and also saved me from having to bike through some rougher neighborhoods.  It’s certainly nice to have that option. Just remember, no bikes on trains until 9 am and then not from 4-6 pm.

No comments: