Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Evening

After work, I biked over to my swing dance class in the West Loop. It's so much easier than having to figure out public transit to areas that aren't exactly close to el stations.


Later that same night I took Halsted up to Lincoln. Wow, there was a lot of broken glass on the street? Did I miss some kind of celebration where you throw bottles at the ground? Is this guerrilla warfare against cyclists? I know one street that is in need of a street cleaning.

When I almost was up to Lincoln, I heard squealing tires and almost witnessed an accident after a car almost blew a stop sign. No collision, but it certainly made me scared for a moment.

My arrival onto Lincoln Ave is always kind of like coming home. I know that street. Those lights. Those cabs parked in the bike lane. Aw.


One sad note. I didn't make it though the light at Irving and Lincoln, I had to stop, so I rolled by the bus shelter and was surprised to see a cat laying at the stop. Dead of course. Poor thing even had a collar. Poor thing. It kind of reminded me of my cat, Napoleon.

Here's a salute to the fallen.

No comments: