Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Morning: No Scrubs

So, this morning I was thinking about the TLC song No Scrubs. You know:

I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me

Well, I wasn't being hollered at, but I sure got held up by some idiots cruising down the street yelling at girls on the sidewalk. I tried to pass them, but there was oncoming traffic...and I felt a little ogle coming my way. Come on! It's 8 am, save it for the evening guys!

Other sights: A dog going after a squirrel when his owner seemed a little unprepared for the morning walk; three uniformed school kids looking really sad at having to go back to school and one mom seeming pretty frustrating at having to get them going.

The ride was nice. I hit most of my lights, though I always feel like kind of a jerk when I pass faster riders who get to lights when they are still red. I always coast or slowly approach a red light so I can get going again without having to actually stop. Invariably I pass someone who went fast the entireway to the light, but then had to stop. I try to reason that they just need to learn the routes better. The lights are on timers people!

I saw one of my co-workers on the way in. I just said hi since i needed to get to work and shower and she was alreay dressed for work. Today was humid, and I was sweating buckets getting ready in my apartment...so I decided a shower was necessary today. I'm guesing that pretty soon it will be cool enough for me to do all my showering at home and skipping the at-work rinse.

No comments: