Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Morning

I'm really loving the cool weather that we are having this August. The wind wasn't bad this morning, which makes it easy.

I took my normal route, but I saw a couple of new characters.

One was an older gentleman who was quite the rider! He had a very good, fast cadence, which is something I'm working on developing. He said good morning at the light at Addison and then I breezed by him...but lo and behold! He caught up and we stayed together until Lincoln turned into Wells and he got kind of confused...it must have been a new commute for him. So I told him that it was in fact Wells and then I hurried up so I could make it through the light at North and didn't see him again for the rest of the ride.

So, I made it through the light and I'm enjoying the ride for a couple of blocks and I go up to pass a guy who was already dressed for work. I say "on your left" and pass and look back to make sure that I can safely take the bike lane and I see that it's actually someone I know! It's Chris.

Chris is a guy who's in my concert band. He had used to ride a lot, but then he said he was too old for it. It was so great to see him back on the bike. I slowed up and chatted a bit. However, I was running late and today was a day I planned to shower at work, so I had to take off. I'll be looking for him in the future.

Today was definitely an A+ ride.

No comments: