Monday, August 18, 2008

Perimeter Ride

I've had some biking epiphanies lately and so I hereby am recommitting myself to updating this blog.

About my recent cyclying activities: I recently participated in the 7th annual Perimeter Ride, let by the amazing John Greenfield. This ride started at the Hollywood Grille on North and Ashland and went around the general perimeter of the city.

What a ride it was! Over 60 people started the ride and it looked like there were about 30 when I broke off to head home.

So, meeting the wonderful people there led me to desire to start getting more serious about the biking thing. So I'm going to do some century rides.

I also recently hit the 1000 mile mark on my new bike. I got it on May 20, 2008 and hit the bike one oh oh oh on August 20, 2008.

Anyway, my new commitment is just going to be to write about my rides, be in commute, recreational, training or whatever. Sometimes it may be boring, sometimes it may be interesting, but it will get me writing. Here goes!

No comments: