Monday, March 26, 2007

Into the wind

Biking into the wind is tough. Today was my first day having to ride against the wind. It certainly is harder and requires more effort. However, the breeze was nice once I got off the bike.

I find that being on the bike really lets me enjoy the weather so much more. If I had taken the train today, I would have just had my outdoor time from my apartment to the station. Riding along the Lakefront trail is a great way to start my morning. Today, the sun was shining, the water was glistening and if it weren't for the headwind it would have been a perfect morning. Now I'm just going to hope that the wind doesn't shift before my ride home. It will be super easy then.

Oh! And today I didn't get lost! Yay! That was nice. I'm also going to start logging my miles. Last week I biked about 30 miles. As of this morning, I'm up to 40. It still takes me an hour to bike the 10 miles. Hopefully I'll get that time to go down soon.

No comments: