Thursday, March 22, 2007

Well, this blog has been on a bit of a hiatus, but I am going to resurrect it now. Spring is here, that time of renewel and new beginnings. I just started a job working downtown so that means I don't need to drive 300 miles a week for work. I am extremely pleased about this, especially because I am going to being biking to work on a regular basis.

On Tuesday I signed up for a membership at the McDonald's Bike Station in Millennium Park and biked to work for the first time. It was great. I was able to get downtown in the same amount of time as it takes to ride the train, plus I could enjoy the weather and get exercise at the same time. The Bike Station was quite nice too. They have indoor bike parking, changing facilities, showers and lockers, all for affordable daily, monthly or yearly fees. To be honest, it was actually nicer to shower there because my shower at home goes cold after 2 minutes before going scalding hot.

Since I hadn't biked in a few months I'm a little out of shape and just biked the one-way on Tuesday. I hung out with some friends after work and took the bike on the train for the way home. Damn! It's nice that the Chicago Transit Authority allows that during non-peak times for no additional fee. I'm going to bike to work again on Friday and will try to do both ways. Lets hope that I can do both ways!

No comments: