Friday, April 20, 2007

Errands

On Wednesday it was so windy I knew that I'd have a hard time going straight home on the Lakefront trail so I decided to run some errands and make some purchases.

I went inland and found that it was much less windy. First stop was Chicago Popcorn Works. I got a couple of bags of popcorn and they fit pretty nicely in my pannier. Then I biked over to Target to get some laundry detergent and pick up my prescriptions. I took my panniers in the store. They fit pretty well in a grocery cart. I also got a new bungee cord. This one is pretty cool. It's flat so it doesn't get in the way of my panniers and it keeps things on a little better. I'm a big fan of it. Anyway, I put my purchases in the panniers and bungeed the detergent down, turned on my lights and I was ready to go.

I almost bought some of those Firefly lights that you put on your tire valve, but the ones they had seemed be be kind of crappy. I'll wait untill I can get a better set.

Today, I wimped out on riding. I know, I'm ashamed to admit it. I was out late last night and just needed to sleep in. I know, I'm a bad example. However, the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, so I'm hoping to take a nice long ride tomorrow to make up for it.

No comments: