Monday, April 16, 2007

Okay, maybe I'm not as much as a badass as I'd like to be. I wimped out last week and didn't ride at all, except for one Sunday, which really don't even count.

Well, I'll count it anyway cause I had fun doing it. I have a second job as a mentor to kids with special needs. Most of the kids I've worked with have mental health issues, so it makes me a little nervous taking them out on a bike. However, I recently acquired a used trailercycle and I enjoy it a great deal. I love that I can go a lot faster and have all the control when it comes to taking inexperienced kids biking. Also, it's much easier and lighter than a trailer. Yay for trailercycles!

As for my ride today, it was gorgeous!!! I'm certainly getting faster. I made it to the bike station in 50 minutes. And on my way home I was having such a good time that I was wanting to go for a longer ride, but then I changed my mind since I need to do laundry (which I'm not doing...silly me).

I'm also really pleased about the fact that I'm getting stronger. I'm using a higher gear with ease and now that I'm home I'm not even tired. Maybe I am a badass...or at least I'm pre-badass.

Mileage: um...I'm not really sure. I'm doing to say 126...and i'm going to stick with it!

No comments: