Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I am officially a BADASS! It's below freezing, windy and there's even a little bit of snow. However, I bundled up, put on my balaclava, my gloves and biked to work anyway. Booya! However, halfway to work I took off my ear warmer and my coat cause i was sweating buckets. I guess I'll save the real warm clothes for when it's closer to zero.

Oh yeah, and I'm getting faster, though that may be because I had a little wind assistance. I left way later than normal because I didn't put together my pannier the night before, so I didn't have my bike out and ready to go until after 7:30. Oh yeah! I made it to the bike station by 7:25. I'm cool.

Of course, it was nice having the wind at my bike and that might have contributed a little to my faster time. I'm not really sure how I'm going to get home this evening. It's really, really windy. I may take the bus when I'm heading west. Naturally, it will be after the cycling workshop that I'm going to tonight.

In addition, I need to profess my undying love for cycling at night. I love being out in the city when its quiet and mellow. Oh, it is my favorite. When I drive at night I just feel lonely, but biking I feel so peaceful and alive. What a wonderful feeling!

1 comment:

Da' Square Wheelman, said...

U inspired the bhaiku muse!

Soggy sox, shoes, pants
Slushy messy Chicago
Wet, wet wintry spring