Monday, April 02, 2007

My Favorite Weather

I don't know if there's anything that can make cycling more enjoyable than having perfect weather. This morning was a great case in point. The temperature was in the 50s, cool enough that I was able to feel comfortable in my light windbreaker and gloves and headband, and not so cold that I felt like I needed to be wearing more. The sun was shining and glittering off of the lake. So beautiful that it makes me just feel soooo alive.

Some day when I'm faster I'm going to have to take my camera with me and take pictures of my commute. Once I get to the lake, it really is beautiful. Mornings are definitely better than the evenings when the trail is so congested. When the weather is nice I may start taking the streets home instead of the path just to avoid all of the people, but the mornings remain very clear, which I love.

Tonight, I'm going to a Seder, so I'll be taking the streets home. Hopefully my lights will work adaquately, I haven't really had to use them yet.

I also realized that I was a little off in my mileage count, so I'm actually at about 90 miles. Yay!

No comments: